School Meals are £2.30 each.
Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals. When your child reaches the summer term of Year 2 you must apply for free school meals here for your free school meals to continue.
REMEMBER: Free School Meals will not be continued in Year 3 unless you apply.
Our school dinners are supplied and cooked by Ashlyns Organics Ltd. The food is prepared and cooked fresh on the premises daily. We strongly recommend this option for all of our families to guarantee our children a healthy balanced diet; especially in KS1, as the meals are free.
A new menu for this term can be downloaded via the link below.
Please note that any packed lunches bought into school will be scrutinised for all allergens and healthy content. NO FIZZY DRINKS, JUICE, SWEETS AND CHOCOLATE WILL BE PERMITTED IN SCHOOL.
Jerounds prides itself on being a nut-free school.
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, income related
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, with an income of £7400 or less
- Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
To apply for free school meals you can complete the online application form or call 03845 603 2200.
A snack of fresh fruit for all children in EYFS and KS1 is provided free of charge.
KS2 are encouraged to bring in a small piece of fruit to be eaten at break time.