At Jerounds we use the national curriculum as a minimum. The curriculum we have written from this is devised to prepare pupils to be ‘life ready’ as a ‘global citizen’ but what does this mean?
Our rich knowledge based curriculum means that pupils gain essential knowledge and have the opportunity to be experts in every subject.
Knowledge to be taught each term is shared with pupils and parents at the beginning of the term through a Factfile. This knowledge can be ‘quizzed’ multiple times in a low pressure, high expectation environment to maximise progress.
Expertise is developed through skills- pupils will understand what it means to be a geographer, historian, scientist, writer, mathematician etc... and work on this throughout their time at Jerounds.
See our curriculum here.
See our curriculum long term plan here.
Our specialist PE and sports team provide in-house physical development lessons where pupils have access to a wide range of equipment including:
- Indoor Traversing Climbing Wall
- Curling stones
- Gymnastics Vaults
In addition to formal lessons with a specialist teacher we run ‘Get Up Get Going’, sporting excellence clubs, exposure opportunities and more. During social times pupils increase their physical development throughout organised games and free use of equipment.
The Pupil Athlete Pathway is designed to enhance the Physical Education based experiences of pupils at Jerounds, both within and external to the PE Curriculum.
The Pupil Athlete Pathway is underpinned by the principles that sport should be accessible for all our pupils and that different pupils need to experience PE at different levels, or for different reasons whether this be for positive mental well being, a love of sport or the desire to compete and lead.
Ranging from exposure to new sports and participating in extra-curricular clubs to playing for a school team or refereeing a tournament, as part of the Pupil Athlete Pathway our pupils are given the opportunity to experience new concepts, develop their knowledge and progress their understanding to levels of greater depth that they can take beyond their time at Jerounds.
At Jerounds pupils find a sense of SELF through an innovative and bespoke SELF programme which encompasses pupils’ development of Social Skills, Exposure to the world, Life Skills, Fascination. Sessions may include:
- 50 Things at Jerounds
- First Aid
- College and University Trips
- Political Debate
- Charity Activities
- Curriculum Long Term Plan
- English Long Term Plan
- EYFS Long Term Plan
- Maths Long Term Plan
- Y1 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y2 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y3 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y4 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y5 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y6 Maths Long Term Plans
- Year 1 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 1 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 2 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 2 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 3 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 3 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 4 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 4 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 5 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 5 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 6 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 6 Maths Medium Term Plan
Parent's Knowledge Organisers
To assist you in supporting your child's learning we complete knowledge organisers for our parents. This term's can be found below:
- Geog Year 3 4 Spring 2019 England Vs Poland
- Geog Year 5 6 Spring 2019 Where would I move to
- History Year 1 2 Spring 2019 Prime Ministers
- History Year 3 4 Spring 2019 William of Normandy
- History Year 5 6 Spring 2019 Migration Then Now
- KS1 Starting Research
- Lower KS2 Bringing images to life
- Upper KS2 Robotics and Systems